(Commercial Services Only)
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), 65 percent of total municipal solid waste generated in a community is waste from commercial businesses and institutions.
MinnKota Recycling is a locally owned full-service community based recycling service provider. We provide services for over 3,100 commercial locations, including the marketing and processing of recyclable materials for the cities of Fargo and Moorhead.
MinnKota Recycling is able to provide your business with an adequate number of collection containers (65 or 90 gallon) for the volume of recyclables collected. MinnKota can also provide individual cardboard containers to be used for paper recycling collection at copy machines, computer clusters or under each desk and workstation. MinnKota can also provide outside dumpsters for the collection of corrugated cardboard. As a service to you a MinnKota sales representative will provide a free review of your businesses waste stream and recommend the number of containers and service frequency needed for your recycling program. MinnKota’s collection services are available daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually or as needed. A service agreement is set up detailing information which will provide the basis for all activities including service scheduling, invoicing, reporting, and customer service. MinnKota also provides monthly reports detailing the weight of all material picked up.
MinnKota actively promotes recycling awareness projects such as Earth Day, Arbor Day and America Recycles Day. Tours of the MinnKota Recycling facility are available by appointment. A MinnKota representative is also available for schools or community organization presentations pertaining to the recycling industry, its benefits and importance.
The common goal intended is to capture more material by placing a redemption value on recyclables. Americans generate just under 5 pounds of trash per day so we encourage you to recycle what you can. Remember, it doesn’t just save landfills, it saves valuable resources. And now…
YOUR RECYCLABLES ARE MORE VALUABLE THAN EVER…
Current Aluminum Beverage Can Pricing:
- Less than 100 pounds $0.35/pound
- 100 to 499 pounds $0.38/pound
- 500 or more pounds $0.40/pound
We now pay 2 cents per pound for the sorted recyclables shown below that are delivered to the redemption centers:
- Newspaper, shoppers & anything that is delivered in the newspaper, including glossy inserts.
- Steel & tin cans.
- Magazines, small catalogs & similar printed material with glossy pages.
- No. 1 & No.2 plastic bottles with a neck (meaning it is smaller at the top than it is on the bottom). These include soda, milk, detergent and shampoo bottles. Check for recycling symbol on containers.
- Sorted white or pastel colored bond paper, typing paper, index cards, and envelopes with or without windows, premium bond computer paper and sorted junk mail.
What do you have to do?
- Just sort and separate each recyclable into paper sacks or cardboard boxes.
- Bring the recyclables shown above to any of the MinnKota Recycling Centers.
- We will issue a check for the weight of the recyclables at two cents per pound.
- If your recyclables equal less than $2.00, we will provide you with a redemption card so that you can accumulate weight up to 100 pounds prior to receiving a check.
Your proceeds can also be donated to qualified Registered Not-for-Profit Organizations. Please visit our Donations page to learn more!
MinnKota can offer to governmental agencies and businesses mill direct options for qualified truckloads of a variety of recyclable materials. Whether it is 100 tons per day or 20 tons per year, MinnKota’s key alliances with mills and national accounts allow consistent movement of materials. We are priced competitively, pick up timely and pay promptly.